Sign Health Uganda Achievements
Since its inception and subsequent launch in 2009 as a legal entity to operate in Uganda, SignHealth Uganda (SU) has registered a number of achievements. Some of these achievements are:-
- Establishment of a functional secretariat located on plot 99 martyrs’ way, at Ntinda, and a fully functioning management structure
- Partnered with other DPOs (NUDIPU ,UNAD and NADBU) to raise awareness and participation of Deaf and Deafblind people in various events including ;the International Deaf week, International Disability Day and Helen Keller World Conference
- Undertaken a situation analysis on the state of services for deaf and deafblind persons in Uganda and the United Kingdom.
- Commissioned a strategic plan development process to give direction to the organisation
- Established links with Government departments/ministries, DPOs and other service providers.